The Windjammers Cruising Committee arranges about six cruises that range from one to several days in length. These cruises will be organized, planned and led by a cruise coordinator. You can join or leave a cruise at any time, meet us at ports along the cruise or hop on a cruising boat. Contact a Cruise Coordinator for cruise details.
We encourage members to organize and plan their own cruises. If you wish to have other boats join you, the Cruise Committee will help by informing members of your cruise details and itinerary.
- Create marina and anchorage reports
- Arrange cruising educational seminars
- Promote floatillas
Cruise Committee Chair – Bill Wons
SMULLY’S ON THE BAY
Saturday, June 3
Sail or drive to Smully’s on the Bay in Geano Beach. We’ll anchor just off their dock and dingy to shore for lunch.
- Meet at 9:30 a.m. for a 10:00 a.m. departure.
- Dinghy ride will be available for those needing one.
- In case of bad weather, the cruise will be rescheduled for June 25.
ANCHOR OUT & RAFT UP
Saturday, July 15 – Sunday, July 16
Spend the afternoon sailing around the lower bay and rafting up with fellow cruisers for drinks and dinner. We’ll break apart and spend the night anchoring in Little Tail Bay.
The following day, we’ll raft up for coffee, pancakes smothered in butter and syrup, and a side order of sausages.
- Let Steve know if you are planning to attend breakfast.
- In case of bad weather, the cruise will be rescheduled for July 22 – 23.
DOOR COUNTY LOOPER
Monday, July 31 – Friday, Aug 4
Depart from Wave Pointe and sail north spending the time in Door County marinas and bays. Possible destinations are Nicolet Bay, Chambers Island, and Menominee Marina.
- If leaving from Windjammers on Monday, keep the Cruise Coordinator informed.
RACE TO WAVE POINTE
Saturday, July 29 – Sunday, July 30
A fun day of sailing for racers and cruisers to Wave Pointe Marina. Followed by dinner at Gilmo’s Bar & Bistro
- This event is a feeder event for the Door County Looper Cruise.
- The Skipper’s meeting is at 8:30 a.m. with a 10:00 a.m. start race.
- Call 920-824-5440 to reserve your slip and let them know you are a Windjammer member.
MURAL ADAMS CRUISE
Saturday, Aug 26 – Friday, Sep 1
This is the cruise that started the cruise
committee! Originally named the 7-day
anywhere the wind blows cruise, it has
been renamed for the man who inspired this committee.
The cruise will favor ports with restaurants and shops to accommodate those who wish to go inland.
- Since this is a multi-port cruise, it will be possible to join or leave the flotilla at any time.